Why Participate in a Clinical Study?
Participating in a clinical trial can be very rewarding. You will have the chance to join in the development of a new pharmaceutical drug or medical device that will help people lead a better life.
Become a clinical trial volunteer to help find new treatments
When you take part in a Jacksoneye study, you will be helping to find important new treatments for the eye. Your participation will ensure that each new treatment performs at a high level that will enable both you and others to live a better life. Jacksoneye performs all phases of pharmaceutical and medical device clinical trials. Clinical studies at Jacksoneye are conducted to determine the safety and effectiveness of new devices, drugs,or procedures for the treatment of ocular disease.
Current Enrolling Studies
Corneal Collagen Cross-Linking Study
This study will look at the use of an investigational treatment for keratoconus known as corneal collagen cross-linking. Cross-linking uses riboflavin (vitamin B2) and a UV-A light source. It is designed to help improve or slow the progression of keratoconus and vision loss.
Collagen Cross-linking study requirements
- Looking for patients with keratoconus or post-Lasik ectasia
- Patients must be 12 years or older
- 2 year follow up study
- No previous corneal transplant or Intacs procedure
- Study planning to begin 1Q2012
Dry Eye Studies
Have you been diagnosed with Dry Eye Syndrome, or do you experience any of the following symptoms?
- Sensitivity to light
- Foreign object sensation
- Tearing (eyes running)
If you answered yes, you may qualify to participate in a research study to evaluate the effects of an investigational product on dry eyes.
Dry eye study # 1 requirements
- Mild to severe dry eye syndrome not being treated with punctal plugs.
- Patients on Restasis or any dry eye drops must be washed out for 14 days prior to screening.
- Cannot be on any steroids (inhaled, nasal, oral, topical) or antihistamines such as Claritin etc.
- Visit schedule is screening, 1 month, and 2 month (only 3 visits required) and must be 18.
Dry eye study # 2 requirements
- Mild to severe dry eye patients that have never used Refresh products or Restasis
- Need to be off other artificial tears 7 days before screening for washout period.
- Cannot be on any steroids (inhaled, nasal, oral, topical) or antihistamines.
- Visit schedule is screening, 1 month, and 2 month (3 visits) and must be 18.
Do you need cataract surgery? If you answer yes, you may qualify to participate in a research study to evaluate the effects of a multifocal IOL.
Cataract IOL study #1 requirements
- This is an aftermarket study looking at incision size and visual quality with multifocal IOL
- We are looking for healthy patients who have cataracts and are interested in having a multifocal IOL. Individuals must be 55-85 or older and have dry eye symptoms.
- Corneal cylinder ≤1.50 diopter
- Visits schedule of screening, surgery 1st eye, 1 day post-op 1st eye, 1week 1st eye, surgery 2nd eye, 1day post-op, 1week post-op, 1month, 3months, 6months
- The patients plan on undergoing cataract surgery
at 847-356-0700. Please ask to speak with our Study Coordinator, Heidi Spaw.