Lasik Astigmatism: Learn The Real Facts About Astigmatism
Most eye patients often connect these two terms “Lasik astigmatism” together, especially if the main concern involves facts and treatments of this specific refractive disorder, astigmatism. For those individuals who have been diagnosed with a particular eyesight problem, it is best that you get a clear explanation with your eye doctor on which among these 3 refractive errors your present eyesight condition falls: myopia, hyperopia and astigmatism.
- Myopia, also known as nearsightedness is common to patients having difficulty of viewing things or objects at a distance.
- Hyperopia or farsightedness is an eyesight condition where a patient has problems of seeing objects at close distance while their visual ability to view far objects is clearer but can be blurry in the distance with high farsighted corrections.
- Astigmatism on the other hand is a type of refractive error where there are irregularities in the patient’s cornea or lens. Images on the retina appear distorted in patients with astigmatism, causing doubling/ghosting of images.
Common causes of Astigmatism
- Can be inherited.
- A result of an eye injury affecting the patient’s cornea.
- A complication from certain eye diseases.
- Irregularities in the shape of a person’s cornea.
- Related to contact lens warpage on the cornea.
What is the general procedure to correct Astigmatism?
Eye surgery procedures are the best corrective solutions to treat a refractive error like astigmatism. If you want a more reliable and proven effective in providing permanent results to a patient’s corneal imperfections, the Lasik eye surgery for astigmatism is the advisable eye surgery procedure to be administered.
This delicate laser eye surgery procedure for remove astigmatism must only be performed by a certified cornea specialist or the best Lasikeye surgeon that you can find from an accredited eye surgery center.
Jacksoneye performs Lasik astigmatism treatment for Chicago, Oak Brook, Naperville, Highland Park, Westchester, North Chicago, Antioch, Arlington Heights, Schaumburg, Lake Villa, McHenry, Skokie, Round Lake residents and the neighbourhoods. Of course clients from other locations are welcome too.
Additional tips and warning
Proper eye analysis must be done first by your eye doctor to verify the levels of your astigmatism. If you are afraid of the potential risks, complications or discomfort that this particular surgery will give you, don’t hesitate to talk with your chosen eye surgeon, if a bladeless Lasik procedure is possible for lesser pain after the surgery.
Remember, a heart-to-heart talk with your Lasik surgeon will clear all your doubts and give you peace of mind that everything will turn out a great success, clearer vision at any distance, plus the promise of not having to wear any prescription eyeglasses or contact lenses.
Live a normal life, reward yourself the most advanced Lasik treatment and completely eradicate any levels of astigmatism that prevents you from doing the things you love to do most.