How To Achieve A Faster Lasik Eye Surgery Recovery Time?
There are many factors that can influence the LASIK eye surgery recovery time such as the skills of the eye surgeon who performed the LASIK eye surgery, patient’s present health condition, visual need and type of technology used.
Patients who had a corrective eye surgery procedure like LASIK can expect at least 6 months recovery period. If you want to higher percentage of a successful outcome, it is necessary that you give your full cooperation and follow all the post-operative care instructions given below.
- Patient should keep their eyes closed most of the time during the first night after the eye surgery to prevent any strain.
- Wearing of protective eye goggles or shields are necessary to avoid any accidental rubbing or touching of the eyes.
- A top-performing sunglasses with UVA and UVB ray protection is also essential to guard the eyes from harmful rays of the sun when the need to be exposed under the sun is unavoidable, since the eyes may be sensitive to light during the first few days after the LASIK surgery.
- Avoid any soap and water from coming in direct contact with your affected eyes.
- Delay any exposure to hot or steam baths and other water sports activities such as swimming for one week after the eye surgery.
- Avoid doing any strenuous activities like lifting of heavy objects or joining sports which are physical in nature for one week to prevent any harm done to the affected eyes.
- Most patients are required to make a follow-up visit with their eye surgeon the next day after the surgery to ensure no severe complications will arise during the healing process.
Common side effects that a patient may encounter directly after the LASIK treatment
- Minimal discomfort in the form of irritation and will subside as days go by.
- Sensitivity to light.
- Blurry vision.
- Dry eyes (temporary condition only)
The above side effects usually disappear as the patient’s overall condition improves after the surgical procedure and an improved visual performance can be observed as the recovery phase progresses.
If you are feeling extreme discomfort after a LASIK procedure such as severe inflammation, redness or drying effect on the affected eye(s), consult your eye surgeon immediately to verify your present condition. This is why it’s important to choose a surgeon that is close to you. Jacksoneye provides Lasik eye surgery for Chicago, North Chicago, Kenosha, Antioch, Gurnee, Barrington, Waukegan, Highland Park, Lindenhurst, McHenry, Lake Zurich, Vernon Hills, Libertyville and Grayslake residents. Being close to the doctor’s office ensures you don’t spend too much time going there and back.
Artificial tear solution and medicated eye drops are usually prescribed after having LASIK corrective surgery to treat any signs of dry eye symptoms, redness, swelling of the eyelids or avoid the occurrence of eye infections.
A LASIK procedure is considered to be among the safest refractive surgery types being performed in this modern generation that can eliminate your dependency to the wearing of prescription glasses or contact lenses.
Once you are diagnosed to be a suitable candidate for LASIK, expect an improved vision as the final result, indeed worth your time and every single penny spent. Find out the entire LASIK eye surgery cost and get the best treatment to correct your refractive error.