Why Should I Get Lasik Eye Surgery?
With many eye treatments available in the medical industry, any patient who is about to undergo an eye surgery may still have some apprehensions, whether to go with the treatment or delay it. Maybe, some of us would ask this particular question, “Should I get Lasik eye surgery?” If we are compelled to make a wise choice where the end result could be an improved vision, we must weigh all the positive and negative views regarding this type of surgical procedure in order for us to make a wise and well-informed decision.
Let’s first define the meaning of Lasik eye surgery. Lasik is a process that is used to treat a person’s refractive disorder like nearsightedness, farsightedness and astigmatism. The final outcome of this surgery is clearer vision without needing to wear eyeglasses or contact lenses.
Now, we move to the much awaited part of this particular eye surgery, the benefits one could get in the end.
- Provide immediate results to the patient’s vision and becomes better as soon as the healing progresses.
- It is an out-patient case where the whole procedure will only take 10-15 minutes on both eyes and patient can go home afterwards.
- Generally, the procedure will not cause any pain or discomfort because the Lasik eye surgeon will put anesthetic drops to numb the eyes before the surgery.
- The Lasik recovery time promises faster healing process wherein most patients who underwent the procedure reported to work the day after the surgery. Rest is advised to the patient after surgery itself.
- A Lasik treatment typically improves the restoration of peripheral vision which cannot be acquired from the wearing of prescription eyeglasses.
- Lasik is a long-term solution for visual problems and patients have greatly benefited from not wearing eyeglasses or having to undergo repeat procedures.
- Overall cost of a Lasik procedure isn’t expensive. In fact, a patient can claim it as a deduction to his/her tax-deferred Personal spending (check with your CPA), plus the fact that patient will no longer need to buy eyeglasses or contact lenses or maintain eye medications/contact lens solutions, which means bigger savings on the part of the patient.
- Reported complications in a Lasik procedure are less as compared to other eye surgery procedures.
If you are planning a Lasik treatment as your last option to improve your overall visual capability, visit a reliable eye surgery center. There you will be checked tested to comply with different Lasik eye surgery requirements prior the surgery and get the best Lasik eye surgeon that they could provide. If you’re from Chicago, Vernon Hills, Libertyville, Antioch, Grayslake, Lake Zurich, Gurnee, Barrington, McHenry, Milwaukee, Kenosha or Waukegan, please consider visiting our office in Lake Villa, IL. You can schedule a complimentary LASIK consultation at Jacksoneye office by phone: 847-356-0700 or using online form in the sidebar.