Why Participate in a Clinical Trial?
Participating in a clinical studies can be very rewarding. You will have the chance to join in the development of a new pharmaceutical drug or medical device that will help people lead a better life.
Become a clinical trial volunteer to help find new treatments
When you take part in a clinical trial, you will be helping to find important new treatments for the eye. Your participation will ensure that each new treatment performs at a high level that will enable both you and others to live a better life. We perform all phases of pharmaceutical and medical device clinical trials. Clinical studies at Jacksoneye are conducted to determine the safety and effectiveness of new devices, drugs,or procedures for the treatment of ocular disease.
Current Enrolling Studies
Age related farsightedness / Presbyopia Clinical Study
- Seeking patients between the ages of 40-55 in good general health.
- Reading (bifocal or multifocal) glasses/contact dependent or complaints of poor near vision.
- Requires 6 visits in a month.
Pink eye study (Conjunctivitis)
- Must be 18 years and older.
- Must be seen at Jacksoneye within 48 hours of symptoms.
- No treatment or medication prior to screening at Jacksoneye.
- Patients will be compensated for 5 required office visits.
- Patients can be screened 7 days a week.
Call 24 hours 847.356.0700
Dry Eye Clinical Studies (Only 5 slots remaining!)
Have you been diagnosed with Dry Eye Syndrome, or do you experience any of the following symptoms?
- Sensitivity to light.
- Foreign object sensation.
- Tearing (eyes running).
If you answered yes, you may qualify to participate in a research study to evaluate the effects of an investigational product on dry eyes.
Dry eye study requirements
- Mild to severe dry eye syndrome not being treated with punctal plugs, Refresh products or Restasis.
- Patients on Restasis or any dry eye drops must be washed out for 14 days prior to screening.
- Need to be off other artificial tears 7 days before screening for washout period.
- Cannot be on any steroids (inhaled, nasal, oral, topical) or antihistamines such as Claritin etc.
- Requires 4 visits in a month and must be 18.
Do you need cataract surgery? If you answer yes, you may qualify to participate in a research study to evaluate the effects of a multifocal IOL.
Cataract IOL study #1 requirements
- This is an aftermarket study looking at incision size and visual quality with multifocal IOL.
- We are looking for healthy patients who have cataracts and are interested in having a multifocal IOL. Individuals must be 55-85 or older and have dry eye symptoms.
- Corneal cylinder ≤1.50 diopter.
- Visits schedule of screening, surgery 1st eye, 1 day post-op 1st eye, 1week 1st eye, surgery 2nd eye, 1 day post-op, 1 week post-op, 1 month, 3 months, 6 months.
- The patients plan on undergoing cataract surgery.
If you are interested in any of the above studies
and would like more information,
call Jacksoneye at 847-356-0700.
Please ask to speak with our Study Coordinator, Maggie Sawa.