Best Lasik Eye Surgeon. How To Choose: 6 Major Criteria
Entrusting your eye surgery to the best LASIK eye surgeon that you can find is the key for a successful outcome of your operation. Keep in mind your eyes are the main source of mobility, so we should only get a top-notch eye specialist to do the delicate surgical procedure.
There are many factors that will tell how credible a LASIK eye surgeon can be from the rest, but I have narrowed them down to 6 major criteria for your convenience and quicker understanding. Take time reading them and create your own list of qualifications before putting yourself into their hands.
Passed the Board Licensure exam
Best qualified lasik eye doctors have passed their particular ophthalmology board licensure exam in order to be allowed to practice their specialization. If you are not sure about the credentials of your potential eye specialist or whether he/she has really passed the board or not, better check at the National Practitioner Data Bank. Here you can find a list of eye specialists who have legitimately passed the required exams.
This is another factor that you have to research if you want to be sure that your chosen best Lasik eye surgeon is really recognized to whatever specialization he/she is claiming to be good at. Feel free to ask your eye doctor if he/she has undergone additional specialized trainings/certifications in that particular area of your concern. Again, you can conduct your own online research by checking at the American Board of Ophthalmology if your preferred eye surgeon has really earned further enhancement programs under his/her core of specialization.
Ask if the lasik eye surgeon is a member of ACES (American College of Eye Surgeons)
To guarantee that the eye surgeon of your choice is the best in your area or local community, choose one who is also a member of ACES (American College of Eye Surgeons) because all of the members of this prestigious organization work only under the ethical standards set by the ACES board. Rest assured if you avail the medical expertise of one of their members, you are assured that your surgery will be done with such integrity and expertise.
One way to ensure that you will get only a certified eye surgeon is through the use of referrals from your trusted eye doctor or ophthalmologist. Aside from knowing your medical history and current eye condition, your regular eye doctor can refer you his/her colleague who is really an expert in Lasik surgery.
Our Lasik eye surgeon near you
Our surgeon, Mitchell Jackson MD, is a board-certified Chicago ophthalmologist that has performed over 30,000 laser vision correction procedures. Over 95% of his patients have achieved 20/20 or better vision. His focus is on the individual patient and making sure that each person receives the best quality care and visual outcome possible. JacksonEye proudly offers LASIK laser vision correction to the greater Chicago area: Libertyville, Arlington Heights, Rockford, Round Lake, Lindenhurst, Schaumburg, Lake Villa, Tinley Park, Oak Park, McHenry, Gurnee, North Chicago, Grayslake, Skokie, Aurora and beyond.
- Assisted in the design and was the first U.S. eye surgeon to use the Moria microkeratome system currently used in the LASIK procedure.
- Trained over 700 refractive surgeons worldwide on the use of the Moria Microkeratome system.
- Certified in use of various cataract and LASIK technologies: Zyoptix/Technolas, Customvue/VisX, Wavefront-Optimized/Wavelight, Intralase Femtosecond laser, AMO Signature and Bausch & Lomb Stellaris phacoemulsification systems, Akreos/Tecnis/Acrysof Toric/Crystalens/ReStor/Tecnis Multifocal/Hoya ISert/Staar ICL lens implant technologies.
- Named “Top Doctor” in Chicago – by Castle Connolly Medical, LTD.
- Selected as one of 65 ground breaking doctors by Chicago Magazine.
- Selected to the PS250 (top 250 premier surgeons) for Ophthalmology in the US.
- Selected to the TOP 300 Refractive Surgeons in the US.
Dr. Jackson eye doctor is a member and is actively involved in the following professional societies:
- American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO).
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery (ASCRS).
- American College of Ophthalmic Surgeons (ACOS), Founding Member.
- American College of Eye Surgeons (ACES).
- Illinois Association of Ophthalmology (IAO).
- International Society of Refractive Surgery (ISRS).
- European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery (ESCRS).