Bladeless Lasik Procedure Introduction and Technology
Are you considering a bladeless Lasik procedure for the treatment of your refractive error? If you want to make a wise decision which laser technology will you choose, here is a brief introduction of the Lasik eye surgery.
Bladeless Lasik is the most advanced surgical procedure that patients can now avail if they desire no amount of discomfort to be felt during the treatment.
4 kinds of bladeless laser methods
This is the pioneer among femtolaser technologies used for patients choosing a bladeless Lasik introduced in 2001. It is recognized to be a safe eye surgery procedure from the FDA that uses an excimer laser.
The zLasik laser technology was approved by the FDA in 2008. Here, the Lasik eye surgeon uses a femtosecond laser instrument which is connected to a movable arm device and can go along with any approved excimer laser used for making a corneal flap.
This is another option of laser technology that uses a femtosecond laser. This operation gained FDA approval in the year 2004 and like the other laser technologies, this bladeless procedure can be combined with other excimer laser approved for Lasik.
Visumax is also approved by the FDA in 2007 where the use of a femtosecond laser is combined with the Carl Zeiss Meditec Mel 80 excimer laser which is outside the US territory.
2 lasers available for a bladeless Lasik eye surgery procedure
- Femtosecond laser – is generally used to make a thin flap of the cornea which is then carefully lifted.
- Excimer laser – is another laser type where light is directly pointed on the exposed area of the patient’s eye and the tissue is taken away to reshape the cornea to correct the patient’s refractive error.
What are the advantages of a bladeless Lasik?
- Lessen the percentage of patients from developing the dry eye condition after undergoing this bladeless Lasik eye surgery procedure.
- Medical reports showed minimal enhancement requirements among patients who opted for this laser treatment.
- Patients with thinner corneas are the most suitable benefactors for this kind of laser treatment.
Bladeless Lasik in Chicago
Jacksoneye provides Lasik in its office in Lake Villa, IL. On pre-op stage we do all the necessary diagnostic tests to determine patient’s eligibility for different types of treatments. Considering a client may need several visits to the office before and after the surgery, the residents of Round Lake, North Chicago, Vernon Hills, Oak Park, Highland Park, Tinley Park, Barrington, Elgin, Skokie, Antioch, Lake Zurich, Schaumburg, Naperville, Rockford, Grayslake may find it the most convenient to get to Myjacksoneye office and back for bladeless Lasik procedure and others.