The Top 10 Requirements for LASIK Eligibility
A good candidate qualifies for LASIK surgery by meeting certain general requirements. Following the guidelines for candidacy reduces risk factors and advances safe surgical practices.
Top 10 Requirements for LASIK Eligibility
- You should be 18 years of age or more.
- You need to have stable vision.
- You need to have a track record for healthy eyes.
- You must be free of autoimmune disorders.
- Patients should not take medications that exacerbate
- Your corneas cannot be scarred or abnormal due to eye disease, injury or inherited abnormality.
- You should not be pregnant or nursing.
- A patients pupils must be of appropriate size.
- A good candidate needs to have sufficient corneal thickness.
- A candidate cannot have severe refractive errors.
At Jacksoneye, your best visual outcome after LASIK is our top priority. We work with our clients to create a surgery plan that is especially designed for them. Jacksoneye is proud to do LASIK surgeries for Chicago, Barrington, Gurnee, McHenry, Highland Park, Waukegan and other places in Lake, Cook and Kenosha Counties. Our team looks forward to making you one of our satisfied patients.