The Top 10 Requirements for LASIK Eligibility
A good candidate qualifies for LASIK surgery by meeting certain general requirements. Following the guidelines for candidacy reduces risk factors and advances safe surgical practices.
Top 10 Requirements for LASIK Eligibility
- You should be 18 years of age or more.
- You need to have stable vision.
- You need to have a track record for healthy eyes.
- You must be free of autoimmune disorders.
- Patients should not take medications that exacerbate
- Your corneas cannot be scarred or abnormal due to eye disease, injury or inherited abnormality.
- You should not be pregnant or nursing.
- A patients pupils must be of appropriate size.
- A good candidate needs to have sufficient corneal thickness.
- A candidate cannot have severe refractive errors.