Dr. Mitchell A. Jackson, MD, Chicago Ophthalmologist
Mitchell A. Jackson, M.D., is a board-certified ophthalmologist specializing in cataract and refractive surgery. He received his medical degree from Chicago Medical School, completed his internship at Columbus Hospital and his Ophthalmology residency at University of Chicago Hospitals. Currently, Dr. Jackson is the Founder/Medical Director of Jacksoneye and is also a clinical assistant at the University of Chicago Hospitals.
Dr. Jackson has extensive experience in laser vision correction, performing over 30,000 LASIK procedures since its FDA approval for use in 1995. Confident in laser vision correction, Dr. Jackson experienced the LASIK procedure as a patient in May 2000 and is able to explain the procedure from a patient’s perspective.
Dr. Jackson is involved in many phase 2, 3 and 4 FDA clinical trials such as the the surachoroidal stent for glaucoma treatment at the time of cataract surgery, the One-Piece Tecnis Multifocal Lens Implant, collagen cross-linking for keratoconus and post-Lasik ectasia, and Dry Eye Treatments including the Tear Science device for lid margin disease. He is also the Medical Monitor on various other ophthalmic studies such as intracameral pharmaceuticals in cataract surgery, and serves as the US Ambassador for the Laser ACE procedure for presbyopia being performed internationally.
- Assisted in the design and was the first U.S. surgeon to use the Moria microkeratome system currently used in the LASIK procedure.
- Trained over 700 refractive surgeons worldwide on the use of the Moria Microkeratome system.
- Serves as a speaker for Abbott-AMO (Tecnis Multifocal), Alcon (Durezol, Systane Balance), Bausch and Lomb (Besivance, Zirgan, Lotemax, Crystalens, Stellaris MICS), Ista (Bepreve, Bromday), Allergan (Lastacaft, Restasis, Zymaxid), Technolas PV (Zyoptix), Hoya (ABC technology, ISert).
- Consultant for Cyanocon/Ocusoft (Tetravisc, Tears Hydrate, Lid Scrub studies).
- Advisory Board member for Noble Vision Group (Fluramene, Delta Science punctal plugs).
- Advisory Board member/US Ambassador for Ace Vision Group (Laser Ace Presbyopia procedure).
- Podium presentations at many key US and international symposiums on cataract and refractive technologies: RHEM, ASCRS, ACES/SEE, AIRS/ACOS, OSN, AAO, ESCRS.
- Certified in use of various cataract and LASIK technologies: Zyoptix/Technolas, Customvue/VisX, Wavefront-Optimized/Wavelight, Intralase Femtosecond laser, AMO Signature and Bausch & Lomb Stellaris phacoemulsification systems, Akreos/Tecnis/Acrysof Toric/Crystalens/ReStor/Tecnis Multifocal/Hoya ISert/Staar ICL lens implant technologies.
- Named “Top Doctor” in Chicago – Chicago Metro Area 2002, 2003 – by Castle Connolly Medical, LTD.
- Serves on Editorial Boards of many ophthalmic journals – Ophthalmology Management, Cataract and Refractive Surgery Today, and Premier Surgeon.
- Selected as one of 65 ground breaking doctors by Chicago Magazine, 2004.
- Team ophthalmologist for the Chicago Rush Arena Football Team – 2003, 2004, 2005, and 2006.
- Served as a course instructor for treatment of Keratoconus with use of Intacs.
- Selected to the PS250 (top 250 premier surgeons) for Ophthalmology in the US.
Dr. Jackson is a member and is actively involved in the following professional societies:
- American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO).
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery (ASCRS).
- American College of Ophthalmic Surgeons (ACOS), Founding Member.
- American College of Eye Surgeons (ACES).
- Illinois Association of Ophthalmology (IAO).
- International Society of Refractive Surgery (ISRS).
- European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery (ESCRS).